Bennigan's Ultimate Baked Potato Soup
- 3 pounds all-purpose potatoes, scrubbed and pierced in several
- 1 tablespoon stick butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups finely
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Chopped scallions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake potatoes 1 hour or until tender
when pierced. Peel when cool enough to handle.
- Melt butter in a
4- to 6-quart pot over medium low heat. Stir in onions and garlic; cover
and cook 10 minutes until soft, but not brown.
- Add 2/3 of the
potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add broth, milk, salt and
pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cut remaining
potatoes in small cubes. Add to soup and stir gently to reheat.
- Sprinkle each serving with toppings.
I agree that this is the
ultimate baked potato soup recipe!
Close Clone Recipes