Bennigan's Linguini Diablo with Two Sauces
- 1 pound linguini
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 scallops
shrimp (26-30 count), peeled and deveined
- 8 clams
- 1/3 cup Garlic
- 4 cups Marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon parsley
Garlic Lemon Butter:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 1/2 ounces diced yellow onions
tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (6 pound 4 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 1/8 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 whole bay leaf
- Garlic Lemon Butter:
- Place butter in mixing bowl; cream
with electric mixer.
- Add garlic and lemon juice, continue mixing
until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Marinara Sauce: I
- n large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat
until hot. Add onions. Cook, stirring frequently until onions start to
become limp and are clear, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook 2
minutes, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients to saucepan,
stir well. Bring sauce to boil, stirring occasionally.
heat to low, simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Once cooked, remove bay
leaf. Makes 3 quarts.
- Cook linguini 8-10 minutes; drain well.
Rinse and mix in vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
- Place garlic
lemon butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When butter
begins to sizzle, add shrimp, scallops and clams and sauté for 5
- Place Marinara sauce in the pan and bring sauce to a
boil. Stir well to ensure even heating of all the ingredients.
- Add linguini and toss until noodles are well covered with sauce.
Continue to cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Pour pasta into a
large bowl and sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese and parsley to
- Recipe serves 4.
Close Clone Recipes