Bennigan's Broccoli Bites
- 3 eggs
- 6 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 6 ounces shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) box frozen chopped broccoli, thawed,
drained and dried
- 2 1/2 ounces bacon pieces
- 1/2 ounce diced yellow
- 1 ounce all-purpose flour
- Italian bread crumbs as needed
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Drain thawed broccoli thoroughly by pressing through a strainer.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl with a whisk until well blended. Place
all the ingredients into a plastic container, except the bread crumbs.
- Stir together with a spatula until thoroughly combined.
Refrigerate mixture for about 1 hour. This will help to bind the mix
making preparation much easier.
- Heat about 4 cups oil in a fryer
or deep pan for frying at 350 degrees F.
- Set up a shallow pan
with bread crumbs. Scoop about 1/2 ounce portion of the broccoli mixture
into the bread crumbs. Form each portion into a ball and coat it well.
- Place broccoli bites into the fry basket or frying pan. Make
sure they do not stick together. Fry for one minute, then remove and
place onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with Honey Mustard Dressing.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and
mustard. Blend thoroughly using a whisk.
- Slowly pour in the
honey and lemon juice, continue mixing until smooth and well combined.
Close Clone Recipes