Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2
tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Grey
Poupon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken
- 2-4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 cups chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1 cup Napa cabbage
carrot, julienne or shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep pan over medium heat. You want the
temperature of the oil to be around 350 degrees.
- Blend together
all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl with an electric mixer. Put
dressing in refrigerator to chill while you prepare the salad.
- In a small, shallow bowl beat egg, add milk, and mix well.
another bowl, combine flour with corn flake crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips. Dip each strip of
chicken first into egg mixture then into the flour mixture, coating each
- Fry each chicken finger for 5 minutes or until
coating has darkened to brown.
- Prepare salad by tossing the
chopped romaine with the chopped red cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots.
- Sprinkle sliced green onion on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle almonds over the salad, then the chow mein noodles.
the chicken into small bite-size chunks. Place the chicken onto the
salad forming a pile in the middle.
- Serve with salad dressing on
Recipe makes 1 dinner-size salad.
is courtesy of Helen, and is a close clone recipe.
Close Clone Recipes