White Christmas Fudge
- 2 1/2 cups C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup
(1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 12 oz. (12 squares) white chocolate, coarsely
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries,
cranberries and/or apricots, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted and
- Line 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil;
- Mix sugar and milk in heavy 3-quart saucepan. Over medium heat, add
butter and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Without stirring, boil for an
additional 5 minutes.
- Over low heat, add chocolate and almond extract (if
using). Stir, then whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in
dried cherries (or other fruit) and toasted almonds (see Quick Tip). Pour
mixture into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate 2 hours until firm. Invert pan,
peel off foil and cut into 36 1-inch squares.
- Garnish/decorate as desired.
Quick Tips: Look for dried fruits in the bulk foods or produce section
of your supermarket. For a thicker fudge (as shown in photo), double the recipe. To toast almonds, spread in a single layer on baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven
for 5-10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until they begin to brown.
Recipe and photo used with permission from C&H Sugar.
More Christmas candy recipes