Oyster and Cornbread Dressing
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped bell pepper
- 2 8.5-ounce packs
Jiffy cornbread mix, cooked according to package directions, cooled (* See note
- salt and
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups raw chopped Louisiana oysters
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Creole seasoning, to taste
- 1 12-ounce can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350
degrees. Melt the butter in a pan set over medium-high heat. Add the onion,
celery, and bell pepper and saute until tender, about 8 minutes.
the vegetables into a large mixing bowl and crumble in the cornbread. Add the
salt, pepper, oysters, eggs, Creole seasoning, chicken broth, and parsley. Mix
until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into a buttered casserole dish and bake
until hot and golden, about 30 minutes.
* Note: The Jiffy brand cornbread mix contains sugar, so if you don't
like your dressing to have a sweet taste, choose another brand that does not
contain sugar, or you can use homemade cornbread to make this dish.
Name of Chef: Marion Cormier for
Courtesy of: Louisiana Cookin'. Used with permission
More Christmas Dressing recipes