Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 small
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons packed brown
- 1 can (14 1/2 fluid ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water1/2
teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (15
ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION®
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and sugar; cook for
1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add broth, water, salt and pepper; bring to a
boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally,
for 15 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, evaporated milk and cinnamon. Cook, stirring
occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- TRANSFER mixture to food
processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); process until smooth.
- Return to
- Serve warm.
Makes: 5 Servings.
Used with permission from
Nestles and meals.com
More Christmas Soup recipes