Cranberry Bread Pudding
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp., divided C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 3 large
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon
orange rind, finely grated
- 6 bread slices, thin white bread
- Butter or
- 1/3 cup cranberries, fresh
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup additional heavy whipping cream (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 11x7x2-inch-baking dish and set aside.
medium bowl, beat 1/2 cup sugar and eggs until creamy.
- In large saucepan, heat
milk, cream and rind to scalding; do not boil. Stir 3 tbsp. milk mixture into
eggs; beat mixture back into hot milk.
- Lightly butter one side of each
bread slice. Line bottom of baking dish with bread, buttered side up. Pour milk
mixture through strainer over bread.
- Set baking dish into larger baking dish;
add enough hot water into large baking dish to come up the sides one inch. Bake 30 minutes.
- In small saucepan, combine cranberries and water. Bring to
boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until berries pop, about 5
minutes. Remove from heat; add remaining 2 tbsp. sugar and stir until sugar
- Spread this cranberry sauce gently over bread pudding. Continue
baking 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
warm or cool.
- Top with heavy cream, if desired.
YIELDS 10 servings.
Used with permission from C&H Sugar.
More Christmas Dessert recipes