Christmas Stocking Cake
- 2 2/3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Buttercream Frosting (recipe follows)
- Red candies
- 1 1-lb. pkg. (approx. 3 3/4 cups)
- C&H® Powdered Sugar
cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4
tablespoons milk or half & half
- Green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease 13x9-inch
baking pan. Line bottom with waxed or parchment paper. Grease and flour paper;
- In small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
In large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1
at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Add flour and milk
alternately, beginning and ending with flour, mixing on low speed. Pour into
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center
comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert onto cooling rack and cool
completely. Remove waxed paper.
- Cut cake into Christmas stocking shape
using picture as a guide. Frost the upper top of cake with a thin layer of white
Buttercream Frosting to form white top of stocking. Using 3/4 cup of frosting,
fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe stars over the white stocking
top. Frost remaining stocking with green buttercream. Use remaining white
buttercream to outline stocking toe and heel. Decorate with red candies.
Buttercream Frosting Instructions
- Combine in large bowl with mixer at low
speed, sugar, butter or margarine, vanilla and milk or half & half. Beat at
medium speed 1 to 2 minutes until creamy. If desired, add more milk to reach
spreading consistency. Remove 1 cup of white frosting; set aside.
remaining frosting with green food coloring.
YIELDS 12-15 servings.
Used with permission from C&H Sugar
More Christmas Cake recipes