Baked Potato Soup
- 2 large or 3 medium baking potatoes, baked or microwaved
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) chicken broth
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- Cooked and crumbled bacon
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced green onions (optional
- MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook,
stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in
flour. Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk.
- Scoop potato pulp from 1 potato (reserve potato skin); mash. Add
pulp to broth mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally,
until mixture comes just to a boil.
- Dice remaining potato skin and potatoes; add to soup. Heat through. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Top each serving with bacon, cheese and green onions, if desired.
- For a different twist to this recipe, omit the bacon, cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Cook 2 tablespoons shredded carrot with the onion and add 1/4 teaspoon dried dill to the soup when adding the broth.
- Proceed as above.
Makes: 4 servings Used with permission from Nestles and meals.com
More Christmas Soup recipes