Outrageous Chocolate Cranberry Fudge Cake
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter or margarine
ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry
- 1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line an 8-inch round cake pan with foil. Coat foil
with cooking spray.
- Dust pan with flour, tap to remove excess.
2/3 cup chocolate chips, butter and unsweetened chocolate in large
microwave-safe bowl on High for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Microwave for
30 more seconds if necessary to melt chocolate.
Add cranberry sauce and
sugar; mix well. Add eggs, vanilla, flour and baking powder mix well.
batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is set and a
toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or
- Microwave cream and chocolate chips together in medium microwave-safe bowl
for 1 minute on High.
- Stir until smooth. Microwave for 30 more seconds if
necessary to melt chocolate.
- Add cranberry sauce; mix well.
Turn cake out
onto serving plate; remove foil.
- Spread glaze over top allowing some to drip
down sides of cake.
- Chill 1 hour or until glaze is firm. Can be made a day
ahead of time. Store at room temperature.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 43 minutes Servings: 10 servings
Recipes and Photo Courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. Used with
More Christmas Cake Recipes