Chocolate Mocha Cookies
- 1/2 c Butter
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 1/4 c Packed brown sugar
- 1 Egg
1/2 c Flour
- 2 tb In. coffee. powder No crystals
- 1 tsp. Baking
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 c
Finely chopped walnuts
- 12 oz. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter.
- Add both sugars and beat
well. Add egg and mix well. Add flour, coffee powder, baking powder,
salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and 1/2 c walnuts. Mix well.
- Wrap dough
in wax paper and chill thoroughly in refrigerator (at least two hours).
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Using rounded
teaspoonful's of dough, shape into balls using palms of hands and place
2 inches apart on an un greased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and working quickly place 3-4
chocolate chips in the center of each hot cookie.
- When chocolate
has softened, spread over top and sprinkle with balance of walnuts.
- Remove to wire rack and cool.