Creme De Menthe Squares
- 1 1/4 c Butter
- 1/2 c Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 1/2 c Sifted
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 ts Vanilla
- 2 c Graham cracker
- 1/3 c Green Creme de Menthe liqueur
- 1 1/2 c Semi-sweet
- Bottom Layer: In saucepan combine 1/2 cup of the butter and 1/2
cup cocoa powder. heat and stir until well blended. Remove. Add
1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, the egg, and vanilla. Stir in graham
cracker crumbs. Mix well. Press into un greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Middle Layer: Melt 1/2 cup butter. In bowl combine
melted butter and Creme de Menthe. At low speed beat in remaining 3 cups
of powdered sugar until smooth, spread over chocolate. Chill 1 hour.
- Top Layer: In saucepan combine 1/4 cup butter and chocolate
bits. Stir over low heat until melted. Spread over mint layer. Chill 1 to 2 hours. Cut into small squares. Store in refrigerator.
Recipe yields about 96 squares of Creme De Menthe Squares