- 90 Pecan halves
- 28 Vanilla caramels
- 2 tsp. Water
- 1/2 c
Semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- Toast pecan halves by spreading in a single layer in a shallow baking
pan. Toast in 350 oven about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. \
- Line a baking sheet with foil; butter foil. On the prepared baking sheet
arrange the pecan halves in groups of three, placing flat side of pecans
down; set aside.
- In a heavy 1 quart saucepan combine caramels
and water. Cook over low heat; stir constantly till caramels are melted
and smooth. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Drop about 1 teaspoon
caramel mixture onto each group of pecans. Let stand about 20 minutes or
till caramel is firm.
- In a small saucepan, heat the chocolate
over low heat, stirring constantly, till chocolate is melted and smooth.
Remove saucepan from heat.
- With a narrow metal spatula spread a
small amount of chocolate over top of each caramel center. Let
stand until firm; remove candy from baking sheet.
- Store tightly covered.
Recipe source: Brach's candy.