Chocolate Covered Cherries
- 60 Maraschino cherries, w/stem
- 3 tb Butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tb Light corn syrup
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 2 c Confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 lb Dipping chocolate or white chocolate ( for coating)
- Drain maraschino cherries thoroughly, place on paper toweling.
- Combine butter or margarine, corn syrup and salt. Stir in sifted
- Knead sugar mixture until smooth ( chill if
mixture is too soft.) Shape 1 teaspoon of the sugar mixture
around each cherry.
- Place on a waxed-paper-lined baking sheet, chill.
- In a small, heavy saucepan, melt chocolate, stirring constantly.
DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID!
- Holding cherries by stems, dip one at a
time into chocolate. Spoon chocolate over cherries to coat.
- Chill until chocolate is hardened.
- Store candy in a covered
container in a cool place.
- Let candies ripen a week or two.
Recipe yields: 60 chocolate-covered cherries.
Photo credit: Leslie.