Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake
- 2 c Cake Flour; Sifted
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Vegetable Shortening
- 6 c Confectioners' Sugar; Sifted
- 4 oz Baking Chocolate
- 3 Eggs;
- 1 tb Milk
- 1 1/2 ts Baking Soda
- 6 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 ts
- 1/4 c ;Hot Water
- 1/4 c Vegetable Shortening
- Sift the cake flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 c shortening and vanilla in a large mixing
bowl. Beat, with an electric mixer set on high, until light and fluffy.
- Add confectioners' sugar alternately with hot water and
chocolate (melted and cooled to room temperature) to cream cheese
mixture, beating well after each addition. Blend until smooth. Remove 2 cups of the chocolate mixture and cover with plastic wrap.
Reserve for frosting.
- Blend 1/4 cup shortening into remaining
chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
addition. Add dry ingredients alternately with 1/4 cup of milk,
beating well after each addition.
- Spread batter in 2 greased and
waxed paper lined 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake in preheated 350
degree F. oven for 35 minutes or until cakes test done.
- Cool in
pans on racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on
- Blend 1 T milk into the reserved chocolate mixture for
- Place one layer on serving plate and spread with
- Top with second layer and frost sides and top with