Mayonnaise Chocolate Cake
- 3 c Flour; Unbleached, Sifted
- 3 ts Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 c
Mayonnaise Or Salad Dressing
- 1 1/2 c ;Cold Water
- 1/3 c Cocoa;
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 1/2 c Sugar
- 1 1/2 ts Vanilla Extract
Fluffy Chocolate Frosting:
- 1 c Brown
- 3 tb Butter Or Regular Margarine
- 1/2 ts Vanilla
- 3 tb Half And Half Or Light Cream
- 1/3 c Chocolate Chips;
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer
at medium speed until blended.
- Gradually beat in cold water and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients to mayonnaise mixture, beating until well
blended, about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into greased 13 x 9 x
2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven 40 minutes or
until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan on rack. Frost with Fluffy
- Cut in squares.
- Combine brown sugar, light cream, and butter
in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until
mixture comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
in chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Beat with electric mixer at high
speed until of a spreading consistency.