Chocolate Amaretto Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 c Chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 c Blanched almonds, lightly
toasted and chopped
- 1/3 c Sugar
- 6 tb Butter, softened
- 24 oz.
Cream cheese, softened
- 1 c Sugar
- 1/3 c Heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- 2 c Sour cream
- 1 tb Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine crumbs, almonds, sugar and butter.
Pat mixture on bottom and sides of a 10 inch spring form pan.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, liqueur, and 1 t
vanilla. Beat in eggs, 1 at a beating well after each addition.
- Beat mixture until light. Pour into pre lined pan.
- Bake in
middle of oven for 1 1/2 hours or until top of cake cracks and knife
inserted in middle comes out clean. Let stand on rack 5 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, 1 t vanilla, and sugar. Mix well and spread
evenly over cake. Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Place on rack and let
- Cover lightly with wax paper and let chill
- When ready to serve, remove sides from pan and
garnish with toasted almonds around outer edge and onto of cake.