Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
(8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Cherry Juice Infused Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Cran•Cherry® Cherry Cranberry Juice Drink
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heavy Duty Foil
- Heat oven to 325 ºF.
TO MAKE CRUST:
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter in a medium mixing bowl
- Place mixture in a 9-inch springform pan. Press crumbs on bottom in even layer.
- Using heavy duty foil, wrap bottom of cheesecake pan with foil up to top of pan. Bottom and sides should be covered.
- Set aside.
TO MAKE FILLING:
- Using an
electric mixer, beat cream cheese until soft. Add sugar; beat until well
mixed. Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating 10 to 15 seconds after
each addition. Do not overbeat. Add sour cream, whipping cream, and vanilla;
mix well. Fold in Craisins® and chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared
springform pan. Carefully place wrapped springform pan into large roasting
pan. Add hot water to reach halfway up springform pan, being careful not to
get water into cheesecake. Place roasting pan into oven. Bake 50 to 60
minutes, or until sides of cheesecake are set and center is almost set. Do
not overbake or cheesecake will crack.
- Turn off oven. Prop open door
with a wooden spoon. Leave cheesecake in oven for one hour.
from oven and place in refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, until completely
cooled. Carefully run knife around rim of pan to loosen cheesecake. Remove
sides of pan.
TO MAKE SAUCE:
- Add all sauce ingredients to a
2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce
is slightly thickened (15 to 18 minutes). Cool.
- Place half of sauce on top of cheesecake. Cut cheesecake into pieces, then
serve with additional sauce.
Makes 1 cheesecake (16 servings).Per Serving: Cal. 435 (22%
DV), Fat Cal. 256, Pro. 6 g (12% DV), Carb. 41 g (14% DV), Fat 28 g (44%
DV), Chol. 135 mg (45% DV), Sod. 298 mg (12% DV), Vit. A 292 RE (21%
DV), Vit C 3 mg (5% DV), Vit. E 0 mg (1% DV), Calcium 77 mg (8% DV),
Iron 1 mg (7% DV), Folate 15 Ug (4% DV), Zinc 1 mg (4% DV), Pot. 129 mg
(4% DV), Dietary Exchange: Starch 2.5, Fat 6
Recipe and photograph
courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.