Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
- 2 c Vanilla Wafer Crumbs
- 6 TB Margarine, Melted
- 14 oz. Caramels
( 1 bag)
- 5 oz. (1 can) Evaporated Milk
- 1 c Chopped Pecans, Toasted
- 16 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Large
- 1/2 c Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips, melted
- Combine crumbs and margarine, press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch
spring form pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes.
- In 1
1/2-quart heavy saucepan, melt caramels with milk over low heat,
stirring frequently, until smooth. Pour over crust. Top with pecans.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, mixing at medium speed on
electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time,
mixing well after each addition. Blend in chocolate, pour over pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of
pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Chill.
- Garnish with
whipped cream, additional chopped nuts and maraschino cherries, if