Sweet and Spicy Chicken Legs
These sweet and spicy chicken legs will for sure be a crowd pleaser. A
little sweet, a little spicy!
- 4 carrots
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into 1” pieces
onion, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into 1” pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 8 chicken legs
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp.
- 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. Slap Ya Mama Original Blend
- ½ tsp. brown sugar
- pinch of: thyme, rosemary, oregano,
- Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend Seasoning, to taste (optional)
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9” x 13” oven-proof dish, spread
the vegetables evenly.
- In a large bowl, combine honey, cane syrup, maple
syrup, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning, brown sugar, thyme,
rosemary, oregano and basil; mix well. Add in chicken legs to syrup
mixture and toss well.
- Place chicken legs on top of the
vegetables in the oven-proof dish and top with remaining syrup mixture
from the bowl. Sprinkle Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend Seasoning to taste
over the whole dish and top each leg with a ½ Tbsp. of butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes, occasionally basting the chicken
legs with the syrup mixture.
- Increase heat to 400 degrees F and bake for
another 15 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Jack Walker at Slap Ya Mama,
used with permission.