Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Bake
Delicious chicken thighs that are seasoned and browned, then baked along with
onions, apples, sauerkraut, apricots and more.
- 1(2-pound) package PERDUE® Fresh Chicken Thighs
- Salt and
ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-2 tablespoons
- 1 (14-ounce) can sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce)
can whole onions, drained
- 1 tart red apple, unpeeled, sliced or
- 6-8 dried whole apricots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup
brown sugar, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season thighs with salt and pepper.
- In a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook
thighs 6 to 8 minutes per side until browned.
- Meanwhile, in 9-by-12-inch shallow baking dish, mix sauerkraut well with
onions, apple, apricots, raisins and brown sugar. Nestle thighs into
- Cover and bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, and
a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh registers 180°F.
Ready In: 60 minutes Serves: 4
Recipe and photo courtesy of National Chicken Council. Used with permission.