King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lg. bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can diced Ro-tel tomatoes
- 2 pkgs. corn tortillas
- 1 lb. grated cheddar cheese
- Cover chicken in water, simmer
until done; then debone and save broth.
- Mix together all but tortillas
and cheese, plus 2 cups of the broth.
- Take the rest of the broth and
dip each tortilla until soft and line a 13x9 inch pan with
tortillas, covering the whole bottom of pan with tortillas.
- Put a
layer of the mixed ingredients, another layer of tortillas, then a
final layer of the mixture.
- Cover with a layer of cheese. Bake for 1
hour at 350 degrees.
Photo credit: leoslo. CC BY