Chicken Ground Nut Stew
- 2 onions coarsely chopped
- 3 carrots coarsely chopped
- 2 minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper small dice
- 1/2 green bell
pepper small dice
- hot peppers to taste (optional. Good with our
- 3 large potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 6 chicken thighs
(or legs or mixed)
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 cups of chicken
- 1/2 of cream (can omit or use milk)
- Salt and pepper and
- Peanut Oil or Olive Oil
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and paprika. Brown in oil over
medium high heat.
- As they're finishing, reduce to medium and add
the vegetables (and, if you're using them, the hot peppers), garlic and
continue to cook for about 10 minutes or less.
- Add the chicken
broth and put on low simmer for half an hour or so.
- Add the
peanut butter and the bell peppers. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Add cream, bring the soup to just below a simmer and turn off.
- Correct for seasonings and serve.
- Serve over rice or if you
want a one pot meal, you can add a little more liquid, add the rice and
make it into a chicken and rice stew.