Chicken Stew with Red Wine
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine OR reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 bay
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and salt, to taste
- Cook chicken in oil in large skillet until browned on both sides, about
- Stir in onion and garlic and sauté until tender,
about 5 minutes; sprinkle with flour and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Add remaining ingredients, except salt; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is tender, about 15
minutes; simmer, uncovered, until thickened to desired consistency, 5 to
- Discard bay leaf; season to taste with salt.