African Chicken Peanut Soup
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sweet potato -- peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup onion -- chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper -- chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove -- minced
- 1/2 medium jalapeno chile pepper --
seeded and minced
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast halves -- chopped
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can
- 1 (15 ounce) can Healthy Choice chicken with Rice soup
- 1/2 (15 ounce) black beans, canned -- drained
tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Place a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium high heat
- Add sweet potato, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and
jalapeno; sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and next 5
ingredients (chicken through beans); bring to a boil. Reduce
heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, stirring with a whisk; cook
- Best if made a day (or a few hours) ahead of serving
This chicken recipe serves 6, one cup each.