Home Made Chicken Garlic Soup
- 1 Whole chicken, disjointed
- 2 Carrots, minced
- 2 Stalks celery,
- 1 Large Whole yellow onion, chopped
- fresh parsley
and pepper to taste
- 5 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 T Softened butter
- 2 T Flour
- Make the chicken broth by simmering chicken, carrots, celery, onion,
garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in enough water to cover.
the chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove it and skim the fat from broth.
- Simmer broth, reducing it until it is very rich.
- Add the flour
and butter to a small amount of broth and mix with a wire whisk until
- Pour this mixture into the remaining broth.
- Tear chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the soup.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve