Hot Chicken Soup
- 4 cups home-made chicken broth
- 2 slices ginger, 1 cm each
medium cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded,
- 6 mint leaves
- 3 scallions, trimmed, white and
green sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 bunch
cilantro, leaves only, finely chopped
- salt, fresh ground pepper to
- cilantro leaves to garnish
- In medium pan, bring broth, 1/2 cup water, ginger, garlic and jalapeno
to boil. Lower heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add mint
and scallion whites, simmer 3 minutes; stir in scallion greens and cook
just until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Stir in lemon juice, chopped
cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with cilantro leaves.