Fruited Chicken Salad
- 3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 cup sliced celery 2 cans mandarin oranges (11-oz) drained
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons
minced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (approx.)
- 1/3 cup sour cream (approx.)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and
pepper, to taste
- Simmer chicken in water with celery tops, onion, salt, and peppercorns.
Remove and cool. Cut into bite-size pieces. Should have about 3
- Combine chicken with first 4 ingredients.
- Stir together
- Toss mixtures together lightly. Chill.
- Stir almonds in before serving.
- Serve in a pretty bowl, or
in round slices of honeydew melon, or in fresh pineapple boats.