Light Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast
tablespoons egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons country-style
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick)
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (11 ounce)
can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 12 minutes
or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan, discarding
liquid and solids, and cool chicken slightly. Shred the meat with 2
forks to measure 3 cups.
- Combine egg substitute and next 6
ingredients (egg substitute through minced garlic) in a food processor,
and process until smooth.
- Place the chicken and the honey
mixture in a medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Line plates with salad
greens, and top each serving evenly with chicken salad, cucumber, tomato
wedges and oranges.
This chicken recipe serves 4