Asparagus, Chicken and Penne Pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
divided (or more, to taste)
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken
breast halves - cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon crushed red
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and
cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and
pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook
for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon
olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook chicken. When cooked
all the way through and slightly browned, remove from pan.
the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, crushed red pepper, garlic, and
asparagus. Cook until asparagus is tender.
- Mix in chicken with
the asparagus mixture and cook together for 2 minutes.
- Add this
mixture to the cooked penne pasta and toss with Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and paper to taste and serve.