Philippine Style Chicken Adobo
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced
- 2 Turkish bay leaves or 1 California
- 4 whole chicken legs
(2 1/2 lb.), cut into drumsticks and thighs
- Cooked rice
- Stir together vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon
black pepper in a bowl, then pour into a sealable plastic bag. Add chicken and seal bag, pressing out air.
- Turn to coat thoroughly,
then put bag in a baking pan and marinate chicken, chilled, turning
occasionally, 2 hours.
- Let chicken stand at room temperature 45
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Arrange chicken, skin
sides up, in 1 layer in a 13- by 9- by 2-inch metal baking pan and pour
marinade over it.
- Bake in middle of oven until cooked through,
30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer chicken, skin sides up, to a broiler
pan. Pour marinade into a small saucepan and skim fat. Preheat broiler.
- Broil chicken about 4 inches from heat until
skin is golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- While chicken is
broiling, bring marinade to a boil and discard bay leaves.
chicken with sauce.
This chicken recipes serves 4