Quick Company Chicken
- 1 (12 oz. or larger) jar marinated artichoke hearts, reserve marinade
- 4 to 6 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium
onion, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons reserved
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag.
one chicken breast at a time in flour mixture and sauté in hot oil until
browned. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add another tablespoon
marinade to skillet and sauté onions and garlic; sauté until onions are
crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
- Return chicken breast to skillet
and add artichoke hearts and chicken broth.
- Simmer, uncovered, about
15-20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- While chicken is
simmering, combine 1 tablespoon of flour mixture and enough water to
form a thick paste.
- Remove chicken to a platter.
flour/water mixture into skillet and cook until thickened.
skillet mixture over chicken and serve.