- 1 Frying chicken, 3 to 3 1/2 lbs, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose
- 2 tsp. Salt, divided
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 tsp.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix 1/2 cup flour, 1 tsp. salt,
the poultry seasoning and pepper. Coat chicken pieces with the mixture.
- Brown the chicken in 1/4 cup butter in large skillet.
browned, arrange chicken pieces in a 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake
at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan, make gravy using
the drippings, pour off into a saucepan to keep warm.
- In the
same baking pan, now drained of excess fat, replace the chicken pieces.
- Make a batter, mixing together the remaining cup of flour, 1
tsp. salt, baking powder, eggs and milk.
- Add the remaining 1/4
cup of butter, melted and beat well.
- Pour batter over the chicken and
bake an additional 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve with the