Chicken with Olives
- 3 1/2 lbs. cut up chicken
- 3 T. olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic,
- 3 yellow onions
- 3 c. very ripe tomatoes
- 6 oz. green
olives, stuffed with pimentos, drained
- 1 tsp. oregano black
- 1 c. dry red wine
- salt to taste
- Brown chicken in olive oil. Use a large pan, and do not try to do the
whole batch at once.
- Remove and drain most of the oil. Sauté
garlic and onions until limp.
- Add coarsely chopped tomatoes, and olives
and sauté until tomatoes are soft.
- Add pepper, oregano, wine and
- Cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes.