Garlic Chicken Lo Mein
- 2 large chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 1 Tb. sherry
- 2 Tb. cornstarch, divided
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup
- 4 tsp. vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. of
- 2 Tb. oil, divided
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 large bell
- 3 Tb. soy sauce
- Cut chicken into thin strips.
- Blend sherry, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and garlic in small bowl, stir in
chicken. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine broth, vinegar, red
pepper and remaining 1 Tablespoon cornstarch, set aside.
vermicelli according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tablespoon oil in hot wok or large skillet over
medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry 3 minutes, remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over high heat then add carrots and green
bell pepper, stir-fry 2 minutes. Add chicken and broth mixture.
- Cook, stirring until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from
heat, stir in soy sauce.
- Drain vermicelli, arrange on serving
platter and top with chicken and vegetables mixture.