Scarborough Fair Chicken
- 2 whole chicken breasts, halved
- 1 envelope seasoned coating mix
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp. leaf sage
tsp. whole rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. whole thyme leaves
- 1 (10
3/4 oz.) can golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 (8 oz.) can mushroom stems and pieces,
- Hot buttered rice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dredge chicken with coating mix,
and place in a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken
with herbs; bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Combine soup, broth, and
sherry in a small bowl. Add mushrooms if desired.
- Stir well and pour
over chicken. Bake 30 minutes longer or until chicken is done.
- Serve over rice, if desired.