Mexican Chicken Casserole
- 1 chicken (about 4 pounds) or 3 whole chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can
condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream
of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) Rotel tomatoes with green
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Additional salt and pepper
tortillas, torn in small pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 cups
grated sharp cheese (about 3/4 pound)
- Cook chicken in water to which has been added 2 teaspoons salt, 1
teaspoon pepper and bay leaf.
- Remove cooked chicken; reserve 1/2
cup of the chicken stock.
- Cut chicken into large, bite-sized pieces; set
- Combine soups, tomatoes, chicken stock, salt and pepper
to taste. Mix well.
- In a 3-quart casserole, make 3 layers in the
following order: torn tortillas, chicken, tomato mixture, chopped onions
and grated cheese.
- Use all ingredients in the 3 layers, being
sure that cheese is on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45
This chicken recipe serves 6-8