- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Peanut oil
- 1 (16 oz.) can
- 1 (12 oz.) jar green chili salsa, divided
- 12 flour
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz.)
- 2 cups
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- Mix chicken with 1/2 can of the beans (1 cup) and 1/4 cup of the green chili salsa.
- In a sauté pan, heat one inch peanut oil to 375 degree on deep fry thermometer over medium heat.
- Soften tortillas according to package directions.
- Set aside 3/4 cup of the cheese for garnish.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture and a heaping tablespoon of the cheese on end of each tortilla.
- Fold one side of tortilla over filling, then fold in the other two
- Fold fourth side over secure with toothpicks.
- Fry two or three at a time, folded side down, about 1 minute.
- Turn and fry 1 minute longer, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels; remove toothpicks.
- Serve with lettuce, sour cream and remaining beans, salsa and cheese.