- 1 whole fryer chicken
- 2-1/2 lb. 1 cup onion , sliced
- 2 1/2 tbsp. curry powder, or curry paste
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 4 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. M.S.G. - optional
- 2 1/2 tbsp. flour
- Mix curry and chili powders into paste in 1/2 cup water.
flour smoothly with 1/2 cup of water.
- Put oil in a large heavy
pan over medium high heat. Add onion and stir frequently until light
- Mix the curry paste for a few stirrings and add the
- Stir for 2 minutes until the chicken is evenly coated
- Pour 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and
simmer over very low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and M.S.G.
(if using), then remove the chicken to a serving casserole or deep
- Stir the flour mixture smoothly in the pan to thicken the
- Pour the gravy over the chicken and serve hot. (or keep warm in
low oven until the time to serve).