Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey - cubed or shredded
- 2 med.
carrots - sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sliced
celery - sliced
- 1/8 inch thick
- 2 cups chicken broth - low fat okay
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 med. onion - chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- 2/3 cup milk - low fat okay
- 2 pie crusts (9 inch) - un-cooked
- Boil chicken, carrots, peas, and celery in chicken broth for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat.
- Drain and reserve chicken broth.
- Set aside
broth and vegetables.
- Cook onions in butter until soft. Stir in
flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed.
- Slowly add reserved broth and
milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Place chicken and vegetables in one pie shell.
hot mixture into pie.
- Place second pie shell over pie, fold over
edges, pinch edges with fork, and prick holes in top.
- Bake in
425 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before
Photo courtesy of eatchicken.com