Chicken A LA King
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
tablespoon chopped pimento
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
teaspoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 3/4 cups light cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups chicken (diced)
- 1 tablespoon sherry
slices hot buttered toast
- Heat butter in saucepan.
- Add green pepper, pimento, mushrooms
and onion. Cook gently, stirring 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour,
salt, pepper and paprika and stir to blend.
- Remove from heat and add
cream all at once.
- Stir to blend and return to moderate heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- BEAT egg yolks slightly
and stir in some of hot sauce a little at a time.
- Return to saucepan and
stir to blend.
- Add chicken and heat thoroughly, stirring gently.
Stir in sherry.
- Spoon on to toast and serve immediately.
This easy chicken recipe serves 4.