Big Easy Chicken Creole
- 1/2 C. chopped onion
- 1/2 C. chopped green bell pepper
skinless split bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1 1/2 tsp.
- Creole seasoning
- Salt to taste1
- (14 1/2 oz.) can Mexican style
- 2 T. minced fresh parsley
- Place onion and bell pepper in a 2-cup glass measure; cover with vented
- Microwave on high 4 minutes; set aside.
- With a
sharp knife, make 3 or 4 parallel slashes in each piece of chicken.
with Creole Seasoning and salt, spreading seasonings into slashes.
- Place chicken, meat side down, in a 2-quart rectangular glass dish.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave on HIGH 5 minutes.
chicken pieces over, re-cover and microwave on high.
- Stir onions into
tomato mixture and pour over chicken; re-cover.
- Microwave on
HIGH 5 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest
part of breast registers 170ºF.
- Sprinkle with parsley.