- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
fryer, about 3 pounds, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (16-ounce) can
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 bay leaves
teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper(or more to
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans beef consommé
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat and sauté the
chicken, turning to brown on both sides.
- Remove the chicken and set
- Add the onions and bell pepper and sauté for about five
minutes, or until they are soft. Reduce the heat to medium.
the flour and stir constantly for about five minutes.
- Add the tomatoes,
garlic, bay leaves, salt, cayenne, wine and consommé. Simmer for l5
to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken. Cover and
simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
the parsley and serve over rice.
Recipe serves 4 to 6.
Photo credit: jeffreyw.