Basic Jerk Seasoning
- 2 oz. Jamaican pimento (allspice), crushed
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 12 scallions cleaned and chopped
- 12 jalapeno peppers halved with seeds
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor, adding hot
pepper sauce to taste.
- Process to liquefy for 1 minute.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate till ready to use.
about 1 cup.