Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken
A toasty Parmesan cheese crust makes this chicken especially flavorful and crisp.
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, and
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine egg and milk in a small
- Combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika,
and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Skin chicken. Dip chicken pieces
into egg mixture; coat with crumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken in a
greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan so pieces don't touch.
- Drizzle chicken
pieces with the melted margarine or butter.
- Bake for 45 to 55
minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Do not turn
chicken pieces while baking.
- Immediately transfer chicken to a
covered container; serve within 1 hour.
- You may also cover and
chill chicken; transport in an insulated container with ice packs.
Recipe serves 6