Easy Southern Fried Chicken
- 3 lbs cut up chicken
- 1 cup flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 cups Crisco or corn oil
- Onion rings
- Soak cut up chicken in salted water (1 tbsp of salt per quart of water)
for 1 hour. Pat dry.
- In a bag, mix flour, salt, pepper to taste,
- Shake chicken pieces (2 at a time) in flour mixture,
- Place Crisco or corn oil in large skillet.
- Heat to medium - medium high temperature, add thickly sliced onion
rings and chicken, until tender, crisp & brown, approximately 20
minutes. (Turn after 10 minutes.)
- Test one with fork to check if done.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
I like chicken hot
and crispy, but I also love it cold!