Stir-Fried Chicken with Vegetables and Lo Mein Noodles
- 3/4 cup fat-free low sodium
- 1 tablespoon bourbon or water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound skinned, boned chicken breasts, cut in 1/2 inch wide strips
- 10 ounces uncooked wide Lo Mein noodles or fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup (1 inch) sliced green onion
- 1 (8 oz) package cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (8 oz) package frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine 1/4 cup broth
mixture and chicken in a bowl. Reserve remaining broth mixture.
the noodles according to package directions, omitting salt; drain
noodles, and keep warm.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet
until hot. Add the chicken mixture, and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until
- Remove the chicken from pan, and keep warm.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in pan
until hot. Add the broccoli and remaining ingredients; stir-fry for 5
minutes or until crisp tender.
- Return chicken and reserved broth mixture
to pan, cover and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until
- Serve over noodles.
Recipe serving size: 1 cup stir-fry and
1 cup noodles. 381 cal, 4.2g fat, 31.8g pro, 53g carb, 4.3g fiber, 53mg
chol, 525mg sod.