Tequila Lime Chicken (GF Grill adaptation)
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2/3 cup Cuervo Gold Tequila
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp. McCormick "Hot Shot" Mixture, or more
- Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Mix together the tequila, oil, citrus juice and the Hot Shot mixture in
a large bowl. Add chicken (cut either in strips or cubes). Marinate for
as long as 24 hours.
- Preheat GF Grill.
- When hot, place chicken
on grill and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from grill.
- If still a bit pink,
cook for another 1 minute.
- Heat the marinade in a pan until
simmering. Take off heat and use as sauce.
- Place 1-2 tbsp. of
shredded Monterey Jack Cheese on each breast. Let melt.
To make Mexi-Ranch dressing (or dip):
- Mix together the salsa and the ranch
dressing in a small bowl.
- Place chicken on top of rice
or potatoes (or on top of shredded, fried tortilla strips like at
Applebee's). Put a bit of the sauce on top.
- Place some Mexi-ranch
dressing on the side.
- Serve with taco chips if you don't put tortilla
strips under the chicken.