Wild Rice With Mushrooms
- 1/2 c Wild rice
- 1 1/3 c -Water; cold
- 1 tsp. Chicken bouillon
- 2 Bacon slice
- 1/2 c Mushrooms; sliced
- 2 tb Green onion
- Thyme; dried
- Parsley; snipped
- Pour cold rice over rice in strainer and lift rice with fingers (to
remove any impurities).
- Combine rice and 1 1/3 cups water and
bouillon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook bacon partially and add mushrooms, green onion and
- Cook till bacon is crisp and mushrooms soft. Drain off fat.
- Add to cooked rice.
- Season with pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped
Time consuming and expensive. Be prepared to give wild
rice as much cooking time as possible, occasionally it will require a
bit more time as it absorbs water more slowly than regular rice.
Recipe source: Canadian govt publication